Immersed in the Sierra
Give your next vacation a return to authenticity in our exclusive cabins on the shores of Twin Lakes, where active travelers have escaped for nearly a century to Mammoth's premier lakeside resort.
"Top 10 Lakeside Retreats" – Yahoo Travel
"Top 10 Lakeside Resort" – Sunset Magazine
One of Conde Nast Traveler's Top 50 Ski Resort properties
Exclusive lake cabins
Shroud yourself and loved ones in the timeless luxury of the California mountain lifestyle. Tamarack balances rustic charm and modern elegance to ensure that every minute - indoors and out - counts. Do you dream of hooking world-famous Alpers trout in our glassy alpine lake? Want to see the backcountry on cross-country skis straight from your front door? Experience the splendor of autumn? Our one-of-a-kind location on the edge of Mammoth is one of the last developed areas before paved roads give way to pure wilderness. Spend an evening at the renowned Lakefront Restaurant. Cozy up by a flickering fire. Enjoy a warm day on your log cabin deck. Experience the immersed world of Tamarack.
At a glance:
- Most open terrain in the U.S.
- Lakeshore setting in Mammoth Lakes Basin
- Direct access to the Lakes Basin Bike Trail (May - November)
- Cross country ski-in, ski-out (December - April)
- Official California Historically Registered Site
- The first LEED (eco-conscious) cabin in Mammoth Lakes
Take a Virtual Tour